Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Final Swim Call



Dear BCSE Participants,

It is not clear to me how best to articulate the way you have impacted me over the past two weeks.  Your generosity of spirit, respect for each other, easy laughter, selfless spirit, vulnerability, willingness to share your thoughts openly and unencumbered spirit of adventure and fun have left me deeply moved.  Thank you.

I trust that you have had the chance to rest, reflect and start to share our journey with your loved ones.  Perhaps, like me, your dreams have been filled with a stream of consciousness that includes sun-baked faces backed by steep green mountainsides and emerald waters.  Or perhaps you have found laughter and sentiment in the photographs, journal entries and salt-stained clothing that became our traveling companions.

I spoke with Profe this morning.  She sends her love and finds herself missing your encouragement, conversation and ever-presence.  Likewise, I find myself cracking a huge, ridiculous-looking smile whenever I catch sight of our burgee, don my swimtrunks and flippy-floppies, or hear Kesha (which never happens, of course... ;).

I have put together a gallery of my photographs.  You can view it here:

BCSE 2010 Featured Gallery

You may also be interested in checking-out the following Cruise Track map which includes our daily anchorages, rhumb lines, and many of your photographs.  Check back from time to time as I will continue to update it in the coming week.

BCSE Cruise Track Google Map

As you embrace summer, with all of its craziness, I encourage you to recall the stillness of Blind Bay, the grandeur of Toba Inlet, the haunting loon calls in Octopus Cove, the magic of a bioluminescent breast stroke, and the simplicity of life under sail.  Remember the self-confidence and courage you discovered, whether jumping into cold, deep, dark salt water, living in tight spaces for two weeks, or beating into the wind with a 30 degree heel angle.  Above all else, recall with fondness your new extended family and shed its light on those around you.

With great love and beam winds,

Captain Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment